We are committed to protecting your privacy when visiting our website and we will only collect information about you with your agreement. Information we collect about you will be used to send you details of our products or services that you have requested, or as described in our Terms and Conditions if you have an existing agreement with us.
Our Portfolio Valuation service website makes use of a browser cookie. A cookie is a small file stored on your computer which can be used to store personal information collected by the website. Our website requires cookies to be activated in order for the Portfolio Valuation Service to work properly and this is strictly necessary for security purposes. The cookie does not collect any personal identifiable information.
Download our Data Protection Declaration
The Investec Wealth & Investment group of companies needs to collect and use certain types of personal information on its customers; current, past and prospective employees; and others with whom it communicates.
In addition, it may occasionally be required by statute to collect and use certain types of information to comply with regulatory requirements.
This personal information must be dealt with properly irrespective of how it is collected, recorded, used and disposed of - whether on paper, in a computer, or recorded on other material - and there are safeguards to ensure this in the Data Protection (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law, 2001.
We regard the lawful and correct treatment of personal information as critical to successful operations, and to maintaining the confidence of customers in us. To maintain our reputation and integrity we need to be fully compliant with this legislation. To this end we fully endorse and adhere to the principles of data protection, as enumerated in the Data Protection (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law, 2001 and will:
- observe fully conditions regarding the fair collection and use of information;
- meet our legal obligations to specify the purposes for which information is used;
- collect and process appropriate information only to the extent that it is needed to fulfil operational needs or to comply with any legal requirements;
- ensure the accuracy of information used;
- apply strict checks to determine the length of time information is held;
- ensure that the rights of people about whom information is held can be fully exercised under the Law;
- take appropriate technical and organisational security measures to safeguard personal information;
- ensure that personal information is not transferred to countries outside of the Bailiwick & European Economic Area (EEA) that do not have adequate Data Protection.
In addition, we will ensure that:
- there is someone with specific responsibility for data protection in the group;
- everyone managing and handling personal information understands that they are responsible for following good data protection practice;
- everyone managing and handling personal information is appropriately supervised and trained to do so;
- anybody wanting to make enquiries about handling personal information knows what to do;
- queries about handling personal information are promptly and courteously dealt with;
- methods of handling personal information are clearly described;
- a regular review and audit is made of the way personal information is managed;
- methods of handling personal information are regularly assessed and evaluated;
- performance in the handling of personal information is regularly assessed and evaluated.
A copy of our Data Protection Policy can be obtained by contacting the Data Protection Officer by email: [email protected] or by phone on +44 1481 722 148 or in writing at the address below.
If you wish to exercise your rights of access to your personal data processed by us then please contact the Data Protection Officer in writing at:
Investec Wealth & Investment (Channel Islands) Limited
Glategny Court, Glategny Esplanade
St Peter Port, Guernsey, GY1 1WR, Channel Island